Norway Savings Bank
Provides support to Commercial Lenders in the preparation of loan documentation and coordination of loan closings, using outside vendors/attorneys as required / Servicing existing commercial loan clients on a daily basis / Ensuring quality control of loan documentation and providing support with regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews loan requests for proper state and federal regulatory compliance.
- Prepares commercial loan documentation for new loans, modifications and renewals
- Coordinates commercial loan closing process by performing record searches for corporate filings, good standing certificates, UCC searches, current owner searches or lender title insurance policies, flood determinations, etc.
- Interacts with attorneys as needed to assist with the loan closing process to include review of closing documentation and funding for closings.
- Monitors all Commercial loan documentation and regulatory compliance for accuracy prior to Customer execution
- Reviews documentation post-closing for conformity and loan set-up.
- Prepares and provides set up sheets to coordinate system changes with loan servicing team
- Responsible for documenting and tracking of any discrepancies or missing documentation to deficiency and post-closing checklists for follow up including the review of closing binders upon receipt.
- Responsible for recording of all necessary collateral documentation (mortgages, assignments, UCC's, etc.) to secure the banks position.
- Monitors construction loans including insuring the projects are on budget and processing draw requests, including, but not limited to, date down endorsements, title updates and lien waiver collection, as required.
- Establishes and maintains electronic commercial collateral files in accordance with established standards ensuring they are complete for both internal and external loan reviews and audits.
- Maintains files for flood insurance and current documentation, as applicable.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring of post-closing documentation deficiencies and assists Commercial Lender with clearing deficiencies
- Reviews weekly past due report and coordinate with lender for payments/misapplications.
- Interacts with customers as needed for commercial transactional or administrative needs.
- Work with commercial lender(s) in reviewing and updating the loan maturities monthly report.
- Reviews monthly UCC maturity report and facilitates required updates.
- Adaptability /Flexibility- adapts to change, is open to new ideas, and takes on new challenges.
- Teamwork- promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others.
- Initiative - takes action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, acts on opportunities to improve.
- Integrity/Ethics - deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills - has good listening skills.
- Productivity - manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability, meets accuracy standards.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Provides highest quality of service to every customer in the Norway Savings Bank tradition of teamwork and customer satisfaction
- Works to continue professional development through maintaining a positive team environment with all levels of staff and management.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED :
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years previous commercial loan administration experience required
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong personal computer skills required and specific familiarity with appropriate software (LaserPro, Microsoft Office)\
- Detailed knowledge of commercial documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment both individually and as a team
- Team Player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize essential. Required to attend ongoing training sessions to improve professional skills
Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
Minimal physical effort required; normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling of light materials and supplies.
**External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis. **
NOTE: You will be taken to our portal website to complete this action.
Job Code: 1827
Posted On: March 24, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Status: full-time
Similar Jobs: banking finance admin-clerical, Nearby 04102