Tyler Technologies is growing and is looking for software engineer to design, develop and maintain enterprise level software applications used by the public sector nationwide. As a software engineer at Tyler Technologies, you will apply your current skills today while developing cutting edge skills going forward. The position requires someone that is quality focused, technically curious, eager to try new things, takes initiative and is interested in a variety of duties to include full life cycle development. Software engineers participate in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code, documenting and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems.
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio
- Analyze, design, and develop lean, secure, well-documented and testable code of moderate complexity using modern design techniques that conform to the requirements, established technical architecture, and industry best practices
- Produce written test cases, unit tests, and integration tests and perform necessary application testing to ensure code quality and adherence to requirements
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers and QA in an Agile development process to ensure effective communication among all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot software issues to determine root causes and provide solutions
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, math, or relevant coursework; or comparable work experience.
- 2+ years hands-on work experience developing sophisticated enterprise class web-based solutions.
- Experience and familiarity with functional and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of SQL and stored procedures a plus.
- Experience with Web API and WCF web services and/or service-oriented architecture beneficial.
- Experience and desire to build web-based enterprise level solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.