As seen on JobsInTEX.com
IT Helpdesk Specialist must be able to:
- Become a trusted client resource by providing service that consistently demonstrates strong product knowledge and work ethic along with respect for the client.
- Evaluate the severity of an issue and determine if management intervention is necessary to address a serious problem in a timely manner.
- Provide extensive support in the various operating system and database environments related to the Munis application software and legacy applications, installed on UNIX/Windows Operating Systems, using IBM Informix/Microsoft SQL/Oracle Databases.
- Provide extensive support in Tyler products and first tier support for products from other Tyler divisions.
- Take an average of 10-15 calls per day and achieve a 75% telephone incoming rate in an unscripted environment (answered by the Support Technician rather than called back from a message left).
- Respond to client requests for service by priority according to published policies.
- Build rapport with clients to turn what may be a negative situation into a positive customer service experience.
- Manage and prioritize multiple and often conflicting tasks.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with a wide range of clients, both internal and external, from technical to non-technical and from management to clerical. Focus on providing accurate answers in a pleasant manner.
- Adapt to changing product and environments.
- Demonstrate full product knowledge and eliminate knowledge gaps in legacy, current and future products and services by means of self-study, supplemented by formal education.
- Provide seamless integration to department and company resources to reinforce single point of contact and total incident ownership, including those outside direct area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering Windows and/or Linux servers.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations, including web servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC configurations and connectivity issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.