Tyler Technologies | Dayton, OH
Tyler Technologies is growing and is looking for software developers to design, develop and maintain enterprise level HTML5 software applications used by the public sector nationwide. As a database software engineer at Tyler Technologies, you will apply your current skills today while developing cutting edge skills going forward. The position requires someone that is quality focused, technically curious, eager to try new things, takes initiative and is interested in a variety of duties to include full life cycle development. Software developers participate in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code, documenting and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems.
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio
- Take ownership of the maintenance and development of key product components within an Oracle database design rich in PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, and complex analytical and financial reports
- Participate on a team to advance the product's reporting and analytical capabilities
- Analyze, design, and develop lean, secure, well-documented and testable code of moderate complexity using modern design techniques that conform to the requirements, established technical architecture, and industry best practices
- Produce written test cases, unit tests, and integration tests and perform necessary application testing to ensure code quality and adherence to requirements
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, developers and QA in an Agile development process to ensure effective communication among all stakeholders
- Troubleshoot software issues to determine root causes and provide solutions
- BS/BA in computer science, computer engineering, math, or relevant coursework; or comparable work experience.
- 1-2 years of proven experience and deep knowledge of SQL, development of Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, and database performance optimization. Equivalent experience with T-SQL may be considered.
- Experience with reporting and analytic technologies such Microsoft Report Builder (RDL XML report language), Excel, R statistical language, RStudio/Shiny, OpenXML (Office templates), IBM SPSS, KNIME, PowerBI
- Working knowledge of statistics, predictive analytical techniques and regression with ability and interest to drill down and grow as required
- At least one year of experience in software development, including object oriented design and programming
- Familiarity with any of the following is desirable:
- Web services and working with JSON and XML data payloads.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.