Appraisal Project Manager
As a Project Supervisor, you will manage multiple appraisal projects or one large or complex project. This will include supervising all phases of the appraisal project in keeping with client contract and overseeing budgeting and scheduling functions to ensure the timely delivery of a quality product.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure project adherence to statutory deadlines/requirements and the client contract.
- Create the project work plan and update project status, as required. Monitorsquality, cost, and timeliness of all project deliverables.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the project budget and have budget/cost responsibility. Ensure timely billing and collection of client invoices.
- Ensure field and office operating procedures are defined and consistent with policy.
- Direct residential/agricultural and commercial/industrial pre-valuations. Oversee the development of market models, depreciation analyses, cost calibrations, neighborhood delineation, and land pricing for residential/agricultural properties; and expense/income models, cost calibration, and capitalization rates for commercial/industrial properties.
- Ensure client satisfaction via effective communications and sensitivity to community/political environment. Anticipate and resolve outstanding issues. Prepare written status reports per schedule approved by the client.
- Provide supervision and leadership for the project staff. Oversee hiring and transfers of sufficient staff for the project. Direct training and instruction of personnel. Ensure timely feedback and performance evaluations, and takes disciplinary action, as necessary
- Serve as project liaison with taxpayers, the public, and local officials. Professionally represent Tyler and the client to property owners and other members of the public. Field questions and complaints in a courteous manner.
- Oversee the maintenance of production records, and the completion of bi-weekly progress reports, etc. Ensure timely submission of payroll for appraisal staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics/statistics, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five to 10 years of successful appraisal project supervisory experience required.
- Possess the highest skill levels required for Reappraisal, New Construction, Cost/Market Valuations, and Landisc for residential/agricultural, commercial/industrial data collection and appraisal functions.
- Appraisal certification which fulfills local/state government requirements, if any. Valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee lives.
- Spatial ability to read maps and locate a physical location on a map.
- Ability to visualize floor plan footprints based on three-dimensional buildings.
- Good math skills to calculate square footage, ratios, and similar functions.
- Licensed and certified as residential appraisers by the State of New York or have significant mass appraisal data collection.
- Proficiency in working and communicating with the public
- Self-starter, goal -oriented and able to work with a team and independently.
- Car, valid driver's license, and proof of automobile insurance.